- Double click on My Computer
- Double click on Control Panel
- Double click on Network Services
Remote Access Service (RAS) is not installed, press Add and then
double-click on Remote Access Services-RAS should now be in the list of
- Double click on Remote Access Service. If no modems are
listed, press Add and then select your modem from the drop down list
- Click once on your modem to select it
- Click the Configure button
- Select Dial Out only and press OK
- Double click on Network
- For outgoing calls, make sure that you have TCP/IP enabled,
and then press OK
- Click the Continue button.
- Click the Close button. At this point, you will be prompted
to Restart your Computer. If so, select YES to reboot.
- After your computer comes back up double click on My
Computer, then double click on Dial Up Networking.
- If there are no phonebook entries, then press OK when
prompted, otherwise press New to add a new entry.
- In the Entry name, type "PCINW".
- Enter one of the following telephone numbers from POP
Locations and Numbers.
on Server. The Dial-Up Server Type should be PPP. TCP/IP should be
checked. IPX/SPX and NetBEUI should be unchecked. Enable software
compression and PPP LCP Extensions should be ON.
Script and set to None. Find Security and set it to Accept any
authentication including clear text. Find X.25 and set it to None. Now
click the OK button.
- Now double click on Dial
- Enter your username in lowercase. eg. bobroony
- Enter your password (case sensitive): eg: actor
- Make sure the domain field is blank
- Click the OK button.
- Open IE or Netscape to "Browse the internet